Friday, April 10, 2015

Fresh White Pizza

Fresh Homemade Pizza 




I used to love ordering pizza in for our family on the weekends but I have since learned that take out pizza is expensive and really not so good for you. I prefer to make it homemade. Not only does it become a fun family activity but we also have a better idea of where the ingredients are coming from. That matters to me now more than it used it. While some of the ingredients in the recipe are processed foods there are less additives and uncontrollables when you make it yourself. 

My son has so much fun helping to me this with me. I prefer white pizza to red sauce so we tend to stick with that but today we used the red sauce. 



Ingredients
Fresh or frozen whole wheat pizza dough. I like to get mine at Trader Joes. 
1 large ball of fresh mozzarella 
1 clam shell of fresh basil 
Kalamata Olives
Parmesan Cheese 
Organic Cherry Tomatoes 
Pizza Sauce  (I try to look for ones with low sugar and 5 or less ingredients)
Olive Oil 

Assemble the pizza according to the dough instructions and top it as you like! Enjoy and be proud of yourself for cooking in instead of picking take out! 



No comments :

Post a Comment