Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Frozen Banana Treats

Frozen Banana Treats

This is so fun for a nice hot summer day. This morning my son and I assembled these yummy treats, put them in the freezer and enjoyed them with our lunch. These were delicious and very easy. Ours made four banana pops but you could certainly use more bananas if you wanted more than four. I was fresh out of Popsicle sticks so we used kebab sticks from grilling. I would suggest not using them, as they are rather sharp and long. Not my brightest mom choice but we all make those dumb choices, right?

Here is what you will need
2 ripe bananas (or more if you want to have more)
1 cup of vanilla or plain yogurt
Cinnamon
Chopped walnuts (optional)
Popsicle sticks
Wax paper

Directions
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper
Cut bananas in half
Place on the Popsicle sticks
Dip into yogurt rolling around the banana to cover the entire piece of fruit
Lay back on to the cookie sheet
Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon
Top with crushed walnuts if you like – I made my sons without the nuts just to be safe.


Freeze for about 4 hours and enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment