Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Orange Zest Cranberry Relish

Fall Harvest Orange Zest Cranberry Relish 


I will be the first to admit when I was younger I hated cranberries. They looked great but I just wasn’t all that in to them ever. I won’t lie I grew up with the circular can of cranberries, we sliced them up, served it on a plate and called it a side dish. I have since learned that cranberries can taste better than this. Now that I am a bit older I decided I wanted to try to make them myself.  Since I love to cook, I decided to take on my own cranberry relish creation. It is a perfect combination of tangy cranberries and sweet orange flavors. Perfect for your upcoming fall dinners.

Makes 32 ounces

Ingredients
12 ounces of fresh cranberries
3 fl ounces of fresh orange juice (freshly squeezed or 100% orange juice)
3 fl ounces of Triple Sec
3 oz of Sugar or Stevia- add in more if the final product is not sweet enough for you
1 oz of orange zest
10 oz of orange supreme’s (diced up scored orange pieces)



Directions
1.     Combine the cranberries, orange juice, triple sec sugar, and zest in a saucepan and stir to combine.
2.     Cover the saucepan and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, stir occasionally
3.     When the berries burst and the liquid starts to thicken; remove the saucepan from the heat and add the supreme’s (diced oranges).  Taste and add in more sugar or Stevia if it is not sweet enough for your liking.

4.     Now ready to serve and enjoy. Tastes great warm or cold.




No comments :

Post a Comment