Monday, October 13, 2014

Flourless Apple Cinnamon Raisin Muffins

Flourless Apple Cinnamon Raisin Muffins

I have no words for this recipe other than WOW! This morning, I wanted to make something different that was on the clean side but also felt like a treat for breakfast. I searched Pinterest for a bit and found a few recipes and went for a hybrid of what I have found. The combo was killer! You have to give it a try and let me know if you agree. Be advised you might want to double the batch. I made this for the first time and it only made 9 – I could have ate nine by myself they were so great!



Ingredients – makes 9 muffins
For the muffins:
·  ½ cup organic cinnamon applesauce ( I used a local farm homeade apple sauce) 
·  ¼ cup cashew butter
·  ½ cup oats
·  1 teaspoon of brown sugar
·  1 egg
·  ½ tsp. vanilla extract
·  2 tsp. cinnamon
·  ½ tsp. baking soda
·  ¼ tsp. salt
·  cup raisins
For the streusel topping:
·  2 Tbsp. quick oats
·  1 tsp.  brown sugar
·  1 tsp. coconut oil
·  ¼ tsp. cinnamon


Directions 
1.    Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a muffin pans with muffin / cupcake wrappers. I used a pretty one just for something fun. These were also more on the petite side.
2.   Next, prepare the streusel topping by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
3.   Add all muffin ingredients except for raisins to a high-speed blender in the order listed and blend on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in raisins by hand.
4.   I used a cookie scoop to portion each serving out into the muffin wrappers.
5.   Then you will want to bake this for 15 minutes, or until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing.

No comments :

Post a Comment