Friday, October 17, 2014

Clean Eating Pumpkin Ice Cream

Clean Eating Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream


My family on my dad’s side is huge – he is one of 9 and they tend to host the most fabulous thanksgiving! One of the best parts is always dessert. A staple item is this delicious pumpkin ice cream. It is hands down my favorite. Now that version is true ice cream and it also has a piecrust so this is not quite the same. However, this was pretty delicious and reminded me of the ice cream we have there, although this ice cream is probably just a bit healthier. I was amazed how easy this treat was to make! My little boy LOVED it! He actually ate a bowl of it before I even froze it. Enjoy! 

Ingredients
·       1 cup pumpkin puree
1  1/3 cup maple syrup
·       1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
·       4 medium bananas, sliced and frozen overnight


Directions
Using a food processor, blend the bananas, pumpkin, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice thoroughly. Couldn’t be any easier! Stick in the freezer and enjoy 12 – 24 hours later!


Serves 6
Calories: 131 per serving
Total Fat: 1 gm
Saturated Fats: 0 gm
Trans Fats: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 5 mg
Carbohydrates: 33 gm
Dietary fiber: 3 gm
Sugars: 23 gm
Protein: 1 gm


Recipe found on The Gracious Pantry.com

No comments :

Post a Comment