Sunday, January 25, 2015

Insanity Max 30 - Week 7 in Review

I Think I Can... I Think I Can...

Showing off my new cooling towel that Beachbody sent me from my December Success Club points. 

The end has been in sight this week. Knowing that I was getting so close sure was a good feeling! I think out of all of my weeks I have been doing this program, this past week was my hardest and took the most determination than all of the other weeks combined. I had a million excuses and reasons why I just wasn’t feeling it but I reminded myself that I made it this far. It was time to show up even when I didn’t feel like it. Grad school is taking up so much of my time now, I came down with a terrible cold after my son had it all weekend, my husband and I had a defeating day at the fertility doctors on Monday and then towards the end of this past week my son got the flu. When it rains it pours I suppose, but I had a choice and I chose to pick my butt off the floor and keep going.

Sporting my new headband I won from my December Success Club points. Who wouldn't want an 80's style sweat band right??


My body was telling me to back off this week. The sinus infection and chest cough made working out a true struggle. I couldn’t keep up most of this week with Shaun T so I stuck with the modifier on the days that I felt really sick. Skipped a few days and put them off to the weekend so I could rest my body. While working out with the heart rate monitor on my heart rate was off the charts constantly so I knew it was important to simply modify! Better than nothing!

The only way I made it thru my workout... VICKS to the rescue! 

A few of the moves during MAX30 - This was this night I was feeling pretty darn sick! 

My nutrition was crappy last week. I made a plan, I tried to stick to it but I found myself emotional eating on Monday after being really sad about all of the fertility stuff we are dealing with. Mid week I even made a box cake mix… This is something that I have not done in almost a year. We had no reason for a cake but I just felt like making it. My husband was surprised to see it in a pan but also really excited. I had a few slices here and there this week but at the end of the day I don’t even really like stuff like that anymore. I found myself being so busy that towards the end of the week I was cutting corners. Breakfast Friday was Panera. I went for steel cut oats and coffee but it had some brown sugar in it along with pecans and strawberries. Not horrible but also not what was on last weeks meal plan. I am still sticking with my daily dose of Shakeology though. I made the Snickerdoodle one several times last week. Usually I do chocolate with banana. Can’t believe I am almost at my one-year anniversary for drinking Shakeology. I swore when I started I would do a month of it and wasn’t going to keep up with it. Turned out to be too good of a thing to stop. 



Still one of my favorite Shakeo recipes! Its seriously like eating cookies for breakfast with this recipe! 

Saturday was fun and a much needed break from the stressful week. My mom came up Friday night to visit and celebrate my birthday a little bit early. (Turning 28 on Tuesday yikes)!! Saturday morning we worked out together to MAX 30. She was a champ – I was worried it might be too much since I am on month 2 but she modified and stuck right along with me. So proud of how much she too has taken control of her health this past year.

After we had lunch we treated ourselves to an hour-long massage at one of the spas in town. It was FABULOUS and felt like one of the best I have ever had. We left there feeling energized and in a little Zen like bubble. We headed over to the mall and did a little shopping together before she had to head home.


Mom killed it! Nothing like putting her thru a month 2 workout on her day one! 

Later that evening my best friend and her husband came up to also celebrate with us. We all went to dinner at a place called Carnegie House. It’s upscale fine dining and we decided to go all out! Dinner was delicious! Filet minion, shallots and mashed potatoes for me with cake for dessert and some coffee and Riesling to go along with it! A total treat and a better end to a rough week!

This was the dessert. Flourless chocolate lava cake with vanilla bean ice cream and homeade whipped cream and a coffe to go along with it! Hence the reason for the strict meal plan below! 

No comments :

Post a Comment