Sunday, December 28, 2014

Insanity Max 30 – Week 3 Review


Week 3 was a true test of how committed to the program I was. Staying on track during the holiday was tricky. I ended up surprising myself though. I did much better than I would have guessed.

I can happily report that the workouts were on track every single day except I did take off Christmas Day. I was itching to workout but all the traveling and visiting just didn’t permit it that day. I made up for it that Saturday. I took Sunday off and will pick back up tomorrow to kick off week 4. I cannot believe that I will be half way thru the program already.

The workouts were tricky to get done while we traveled because I had to do them in spaces that were smaller than I was used to. 

Did this workout in my moms breezeway area! Talk about a tricky space for this! 

Also had to do them on carpet and I prefer a hard surface to that but I made it work anyways. My “max out” times are getting better each week and I am starting to be able to endure all 10 minutes of the ab workouts. I am also starting to get stronger abs each week. Slowly melting away the momma belly. My upper abs were good, but those low abs are tricky to tone up. They seem to be the last thing to change.



Nutrition was off last week. Between hosting the holiday party, attending the parties and staying away I was not as focused as I could have been. Some of it was lack of packing and planning but quite honestly I just felt like taking some time off from being so strict. I skipped out on holiday sweets and splurged on a slice of chocolate cake at Olive Garden. I was better at avoiding sweets than I was salty foods. I will pick that over sweets any day. My mom makes homemade Chex Mix for the holidays and I had WAY too much of it. Trying to flush my system with lots of water now from all of those snacks and ham from Christmas. I need to buckle down this coming month because I know that this program will only work if I commit 100% and that means staying on track with my nutrition and getting the workouts in.
Breakfast while home visiting relatives. Can't go wrong with eggs or apples.

"Stronger each day."

Christmas brought with it some fun new fitness gifts! My family members are so supportive of my new lifestyle and got me lots of workout outfits and fitness accessories. My favorite is my new heart rate monitor! I had wanted one for ages! I swear getting new workout gear makes you want to workout even more!



I do have some bad news this week.  My husband had completely fallen off the wagon AGAIN! You would think that it would be easy to keep him on track but out of all my challengers he is my biggest struggle. He says he is starting over again on Monday but only time will tell. I will keep you posted on that one!

No comments :

Post a Comment