Tuesday, September 30, 2014

If You Want To Test Your Will Power... Try A Cleanse

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse Recap 


Well all I can say is that was really, really hard. My willpower was truly tested over the course of the last 3 days. I had gotten off track with my nutrition during the last few weeks. My extra snacking was becoming more often, I was hitting the drive- thru at Starbucks a few times a week. Basically, I was starting to slip a little from my typical disciplined habits into my old ways that I had worked so hard to change. I knew I needed to take some time and focus back on the foods I am fueling my body with. I had done the Shakeology Cleanse in the spring and found results so I decided I was going to go for it again. I planned to start on a Sunday and end on a Tuesday. I found that hands down this is much easier to do if you are working, extremely busy or distracted. I was feeling doomed when I was home and the pantry was tempting me. My advice – keep yourself away from food as much as you can unless you want to be miserable.

Here is how I went about it:

7:00 am - Breakfast: Shakeology with banana in it
9:00 am – 8 oz of green tea and an apple
11:00 am – Shakeology
2:20 – Shakeology
5:30 - Large salad (3 cups of greens and 1 grilled chicken breast cut up) Non – diary dressing
8:00 pm – 8 oz of green tea
In addition to this I drank 60+ ounces of water each day. You would want to strive to drink half your weight in ounces plus some!



You would repeat this each day for 3 days.  I still worked out each day while doing it. I made sure to get it in early in the morning so I had the energy for it. I felt fatigued by the end of each day. Here are some recaps from the journey.



Sunday
I think Sunday was the easiest day for me. I did some aerobic activity that morning and spent most of the day traveling for a few hours in the car. I had my green tea and apple in the car. That afternoon I went to a party at a friend’s house and struggled a bit to not want to eat the healthy snacks she had. Went for an iced green tea and held strong. My salad never tasted so great! It felt good to eat by dinnertime!


Monday
Started Monday morning off with 30 minutes of cardio from the 21 day fix. It really got me hungry right away. My shakes were able to ward of the hunger pains for the most part that day. I about cracked twice at work. 2 different groups that I was working with had pizza delivered in. It felt painful turning it down, but I didn’t cave. After dinner that night I broke and had 12 pita chips (yes I know it’s only 12 but it was still a cheat). Green tea was my saving grace that night. I was kind of grumpy by the end of the day. Knowing you still had one more day to go was a bit discouraging, but I was determined to finish what I started and make it happen the next day.

Tuesday
The scale was showing a 2 lb loss so far. I was hoping for more right away, but I need to remember that I am thin to begin with and it takes a ton of work for me to lose any weight because I am mostly all muscle now. My body fat percentage how really dropped since I started this journey seven months ago. Tuesday felt better during the day. My body was starting to get used to it. I decided that being able to complete a cleanse is simply a mind game, a hard one at that. Tuesday night I was not able to wait until 5:30 for dinner because I had missed my afternoon shake at work so I came home ready to chew my arm right off! Talk about being ready for dinner! After I ate my salad I waited two hours and had my 9th and final shake.


"You wouldn't know it but this picture was taken at 4:30 am after only getting 4 hrs of sleep, being hunrgy and havng a million excuses. BUT I pushed play anyways and rocked day 3 even when I didn't feel like it anymore."


Wednesday Morning
It felt good to wake up and know the I was having oatmeal for breakfast today! When I got on the scale I had lost a total of 4 lbs during the time. Not a huge deal, but I do feel lighter and my stomach looks a lot less bloated. Plus I am focused again on my nutrition! 

It felt good to be able to say I did it. It also felt good to be able to cut out my sugar, salt and carb cravings. It was also nice to have the support of my challengers in my challenge groups. Not only did they help hold me accountable but also checked in on me at work and at home. It was nice to have the support!



If you would like to learn more about the cleanse, please send me an email: S.Griffith27@gmail.com I would be happy to talk with you about your goals and plans for the cleanse and well as help get you started.

No comments :

Post a Comment