Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Chocolate Shakeology Truffles


Believe it or not I actually HATE baking. Everything I make only ever turns out "so so" and I always make a huge mess of the kitchen. Cooking I am fine with, baking not so much. Very rarely will you find me making baked goods. 

The other day I challenged my clients in my challenge group to create some Shakeology recipes that were not just drinks rather desserts and treats make with these yummy superfoods. I decided I couldn't offer up the challenge and not try it myself so I put together some chocolate truffles. 

Oh man did they ever turn out great!! This one was easy. Didn't make a mess of my kitchen and lasted for a few weeks in the fridge. Give it a try if your craving something sweet but don't want to fall off the clean eating wagon completely. 

Ingredients 
  • 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
  • 1/2 scoop Beachbody Performance Recovery (or chocolate protein powder)
  • 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 3 TBSP pure maple syrup 
  • 3 TBSP almond milk
  • 1 TBSP coconut oil
  • 1 TSP vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips 
Directions
Mix first 8 ingredients together in bow

Heat last ingredient (chocolate chips) in pot on stove until melted (or in microwave- approx 2 min)

After first 8 ingredients are mixed, make balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place on cookie sheet on parchment paper

Put balls in fridge for 15 minutes

After chocolate is melted, take balls out of fridge and dip using spoon or toothpick so the chocolate covers a light layer around ball and place back on parchment paper. 

Put balls back in fridge for 10 minutes

If you have remaining chocolate, you can drizzle lightly across balls to make it look pretty.

Put back in fridge for 5 minutes

Serve and enjoy!!

No comments :

Post a Comment