Monday, August 31, 2015

Roasted Balsamic Chicken Dinner

Invite The Neighbors Over - This One's A Winner 

balsamic chicken, clean cooking, organic dinner ideas, easy dinner ideas, fall dinners, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach, elite beachbody coach,

You know those recipes that are the ones that you pull out when your having company over or you want to make someone think wow this chick can cook? Yeah yeah I get it. I have a few of "those" recipes up my sleeve. My lasagna with homemade sauce, bruschetta chicken, my chili. The list goes on but this recipe is getting added to the collection. I was amazed with how tender the chicken was and what a great flavor it had. I wish I could give you "specifics" for this recipe but I can't because I made it up as I went along. Thats one reason why I am blogging about it now because I don't want to forget how I did it. 

Here is what you will need:

Ingredients
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts 
Pink Hymilayan Sea Salt 
Black pepper
3 cloves of fresh garlic
Mrs. Dash - Italian Seasoning 
1 pint of cherry tomatoes or whatever tomatoes you have on hand 
5 tablespoons of organic butter cut into "butter pads" for each tablespoon 
1/2 cup of fresh basil chopped 
1 cup of extra virgin olive oil 
1 cup of balsamic vinegar 
Whole wheat bread crumbs 

Directions 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Rinse tomatoes pour into the bottom of a 13x9 inch glass pan
3. Cut chicken into bite size pieces 
4. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash. Use as much or as little as you prefer
5. Using a garlic press - mince garlic then distribute onto chicken pieces 
5. Mix together balsamic & olive oil then stir and pour over the dish 
6. Add in chopped basil 
7. Place butter pads over the top 
8. Sprinkle with whole wheat bread crumbs on the top 
9. Bake for 35 minutes covered then another 20 uncovered to brown

* I served this over whole wheat cous cous. It tasted even better on the second day so be sure to enjoy the leftovers! 

No comments :

Post a Comment