Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Roasted Lemon Garlic Organic Chicken Dinner

Simple, Easy and Delicious - Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken 


all dinner ideas, rosemary, lemon garlic, roasted chicken, clean eating, organic meals, Easy dinner ideas, healthy dinners, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach,

Well the other day I decided I that wanted to make a chicken for a nice Sunday dinner. I picked up a 4lb one at Wegmans and once I got to home I realized, I had never in all of my days of cooking made a chicken. I had done turkeys but never a chicken. I was hoping it was the same thing and it was so I was all good but at first I was worried I didn't know how to make it. Hence my confused look in the top left picture. I used a glass roasting pan and covered it with foil for the first 60 minutes and uncovered it for the last 20 so it could get brown. 

Ingredients
1 whole chicken - I prefer organic - we did 4 lbs and that was fine for our family of 3
2 lemons 
4 cloves of garlic
Olive oil
Fresh rosemary 
Organic chicken broth - again this could be non organic if you prefer
Pink Himalayan sea salt. 
Black pepper

Directions 
Preheat to over to the temp that the packaging suggests
Rinse chicken to remove the fluid it had from the packaging. 
Pat dry with paper towels
Using a basting brush apply olive oil all over the bird on both sides.
Season with salt & pepper
In the cavity of the bird pour a bit of chicken broth in it as well as pour some into the pan - just enough to cover the bottom
Also inside the cavity of the bird add in two peeled cloves of garlic as well as 3 small slices of lemon 
On the outside of the bird squeeze 3 - 4 more slices of lemon over the bird as well as crush 2 cloves of garlic and spread over the back of the bird 
I put some sprigs of fresh rosemary from my garden on the outside of the bird as well as inside
Mine needed to cook for 90 minutes in the oven. 

It fell off the bone and was very moist. I believe you could also do this in the crock pot if you wanted to start it in the morning it would be tender by dinner time. We enjoyed green beans and cous cous with ours. 

Perfect for the upcoming fall! Enjoy! 

No comments :

Post a Comment