Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends



Today I wanted to get real with you about my challenge groups. I wanted to share with you what they mean to me and what they are all about. So heres the deal - I started this journey as a challenger myself first. I remember feeling like I "hit rock" bottom when my son had just turned 2. It was the night of his birthday party and it felt like my last straw. I was so sick and tired of being tired, living off white chocolate mocha lattes from Starbucks and NEVER having enough time for myself. I wanted things to change. Even though I was a "busy mom" I wanted to make some time for myself. In that moment I didn't know how I would do it, I just knew I had to make it work. Quickly I began to scour the Internet to learn more about the 21 day fix that was just coming out at the time. I thought there is no way you could seriously drop up to 10 lbs in 21 days or could it really work? That's all I was after just 5 or 10 lbs but more so I wanted to feel better. I was very apprehensive about Shakeology and just the idea of being in a challenge group. I really didn't understand what it all meant, but I saw one of my friends from college being successful not only as a challenger first but also as a coach. After watching her for many months, I decided to pick her because "she wasn't going anywhere." She clearly knew what she was doing when it came to helping people find success. 

My group lasted for a month and at the end of the month not only did I hit my goal that I was working towards, but I also was hooked on the whole challenge group environment as well as Shakeology. It made me a new mom and wife for my husband and son. I was refreshed, energized, less crabby, happier and no longer living off of Starbucks because of my small change. Which was funny because I was SO skeptical of all of it at first. From there, I knew I wanted to help others feel as great as I did and quickly became a coach myself. 

But here's the thing - I am now 18 months into coaching and helping challengers to get the results they are pushing for and to this day - I am STILL a challenger myself.  The environment that is created in a challenge group is a place that makes you feel like it's okay to fall off the wagon but you don't get to stay off the wagon. We celebrate wins big and small and encourage each other when they need it. We share recipes, health tips and ideas that we are picking up along the way as we adapt to our new lifestyles.The groups are not about being on a diet, they are about changing your lifestyle once and for all for the BETTER. I teach you how to make this a part of your life and how to make yourself proud. 

During my time as a coach, I have helped countless individuals lose A LOT of weight. But what I think is more important is that I didn't give up on them when everyone else including themselves had. I kept them accountable and held their hand thru the challenge. It seems to me that regardless of your income, your profession or your weight loss goals we all just need a friend to help support us along the way.

If that's what your in need of, please fill out the application below. Allow me to be your coach, your friend, your hand holder, whatever you need. Just ask - be brave enough to say I need help with this and I can't do it alone. I can quickly place you in a support group and help get you started.

The journey is hard enough, don't face it alone
Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.




No comments :

Post a Comment