Friday, June 20, 2014

Green Tea - Why You Need To Be Drinking It

Green Tea 
I will be completely honest – I did not like green tea until I changed my lifestyle. I remember trying it many years ago and not liking it. When I did the 21 day fix for the first time it was recommended that I use green tea in the evenings to ward off hunger pains in the evenings when I would crave snacks. I did not really want to have “plain” green tea so I went with the Lipton Green Tea- The Superfruits kind. They have a bit of flavor mixed in with the teabags. My favorite is the blueberry one and also the peach flavored one.  I had cut out coffee because I was putting too much junk in it. I was drinking half and half with it as well as 3 teaspoons of sugar every morning to start my day. I decided that if I was going to change my life the coffee was going to make an exit as well. It’s not that coffee is bad for you its just I was making it bad for me with all the extras. These extras in turn were extra calories and sugar I did not need. I had a headache for a few days when I cut it out but now four months later I don’t even miss it. Now instead of coffee in the morning I have a shakeology and I enjoy a green tea in the evening as I wind down. I actually look forward to it each evening now. When I drink it I am pretty plain - I simply heat the water and put in the teabag. Occasionally I might put in some lemon, other fresh fruit or some honey to jazz it up. But it still tastes great even if you drink it plain. 

Below is the Lipton brand teabags that I LOVE! 

If you are not already drinking green tea you should consider adding it into your every day routine. The benefits are incredible.

No comments :

Post a Comment