Thursday, June 19, 2014

Detox Water - What's In Your Cup Today?


Detox Water 
It is no secret one of the best tips to losing weight it to drink water, LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of water each day. You should make drinking half of your weight in ounces your goal every day.  At first this was a huge challenge for me. I am a teacher so drinking that much water on my strict daily bell by bell time schedule was tricky, but I trained my body to be able to drink that much without running like a pregnant lady to the bathroom all the time.  You can do it to. My advice though it to start small and increase your ounces each day until you are at your goal. The water will help to detox your system and remove impurities from your body.

"One of my favorites - so simple lemon and mint" 

Drinking that much water can get boring so I make sure I spice it up and add in different fruits and even veggies each day. I prefer to prep my water the night before so that it has time to “marinate” overnight. It amazed me how much flavor the water was getting simply by putting it in overnight.

Different fruit and veggies have different benefits for your body. Here are a few fun combos you might want to try. I like to muddle the fruits a little bit before dropping them in. They make water bottles that will do this for you but this way is cheaper ;) I typically make a pitcher at a time so that I have plenty for the day.

Watermelon & Mint
Cucumber & Lime
Cucumber, Lemon and Mint
Strawberry & Lemon
Blackberry & Lemon
Strawberry & Tangerine
Apple Slice and Cinnamon Stick
Raspberry & Lime


No comments :

Post a Comment