Sunday, June 4, 2017

Postpartum Journey - Week Two Update

Taking It Back To The Basics 


I knew that if I did it once, I could do it again. Except this time I wanted to do it faster than last time. What am I talking about? I am taking about dropping the baby weight from my pregnancy. 3 years ago I started my own weight loss journey to get back in shape after having my son Carter. He had just turned two when I started and I could no longer say it was baby weight because honesty,I let it hang around for TWO YEARS. It stopped being baby weight and ended up just being excess weight as a result of poor eating, stress, lack of sleep and motherhood. While I was able to lose the weight I feel like I waited too long to work on caring for myself again. 

Now that I am doing this again for the second time, my plans were to get right to dropping the baby weight. This time around I gained 47 lbs and I don't regret any of that weight gain. It grew me a perfect baby girl and my body did it's job. Now it's time for me to do my job and thank my body by taking good care of it. I made a choice not to exercise until I am cleared by my OBGYN at my 6 week appointment, but I did want to begin the journey by focusing clean eating. 

I took it back to what started the journey for me and that is eating mindfully by using the portion control containers that came along with my 21 day fix program as well as incorporating Shakeology into my daily routine.
postpartum nutrition, postpartum meal plan, 4th trimester, breastfeeding meal plan, 21 day fix meal plan, 21 day fix for breastfeeding moms, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach,
One of my daily Shakeology treats! I like adding in coconut oil and shavings. It helps to build the immunity in your milk supply for the baby. 
This past week went better than I had expected. I was worried that going back to the mindset of caring about my portions rather than eating as much as I felt like it would be hard. After all, I just spent the last 10 months eating until I was full. While my nutrition during pregnancy this time around was much better than last I was still very lax in my ways. I found that instead of feeling hungry it actually was as much if not more than what I was eating while pregnant. I felt satisfied after every meal and stayed full for about 3 hours each time. To ensure that my milk supply didn't dwindle I made an effort to drink excessive amounts of water in addition to having my Shakeology each day. I am still having one small cup of coffee each morning but am finding that I don't even finish it. All in all it is very little caffeine intake and so far the baby seems to be fine with my one cup a day approach.
postpartum nutrition, postpartum meal plan, 4th trimester, breastfeeding meal plan, 21 day fix meal plan, 21 day fix for breastfeeding moms, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach,
One of my many meals I got to enjoy this week. While this picture may make you think it's not much food, it's actually PLENTY!!!! You will not feel hungry when using these containers. 
I did begin to walk daily as my form of exercise. Nothing intense at all probably only half of a mile. I walked my son to school and tried to pick him up each day using the stroller instead of driving. (It's not far at all.)

postpartum nutrition, postpartum meal plan, 4th trimester, breastfeeding meal plan, 21 day fix meal plan, 21 day fix for breastfeeding moms, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach,

I will say I caved once this week and had to have a cheat meal. Friday night we had our newborn photo session and I did not have my foods prepped ahead of time so I ended up with pretzels from Sheetz and a peach iced tea follow by a small ice cream treat. Okay so it was kind of a big cheat meal but all in all I am happy with my ability to stay on track this past week and love how great clean eating has me feeling already. It's really been helping me with recovery both physically and mentally. It's a good feeling when your making an effort to take care of yourself. 

Below you will find this weeks meal plan. I will try my best to follow it to a T. Stay tuned for next weeks updated picture and weekly progress update. 

postpartum nutrition, postpartum meal plan, 4th trimester, breastfeeding meal plan, 21 day fix meal plan, 21 day fix for breastfeeding moms, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach,

If you were interested in getting help with your own postpartum journey, please fill out the application below. I will be in touch and would be glad to include you in my postpartum moms support group. 

Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.


No comments :

Post a Comment