Sunday, June 25, 2017

Postpartum Journey Week 5 Update

Postpartum Journey Update - Week 5

If your following the postpartum journey you may have wondered where last weeks "update" was. Here's the thing there wasn't one. We traveled home to visit family and by the time I got back home Monday night I was more worried with making a meal plan and shopping than I was with blogging. Last week was more of a survival week. Needless to say it was a good week. I find myself getting more and more adventurous with going place with her. I remember with my first I was afraid to GO ANYWHERE with him until 8 weeks. This time around I have enjoyed more outings and I swear it's helping to keep me sane. 
post partum meal plan, postpartum nutrition, postpartum weightless, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach, meal plans for nursing moms, shakeology while breastfeeding
Enjoying my little love and admiring the body that helped to grow her. Instead of hiding the imperfections that postpartum brings along with it, I am trying my best to embrace it and see beauty in it. 
I did a video about this on Monday on my Facebook page which you can check out by clicking here but this past week I got brave and did ONE workout with my hubby. Why you ask? Because I am planning to use the new  Beachbody workout that is coming out called Shift Shop to be my postpartum bootcamp. They were having a one day screening of the workouts and I wanted to see what I was getting myself into. Boy did I ever discover how out of shape I am right now. It was humbling and both exciting to know I have my work cut out for me in the coming weeks. 
post partum meal plan, postpartum nutrition, postpartum weightless, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach, meal plans for nursing moms, shakeology while breastfeeding
Post workout - sweaty but proud! 
All in all my nutrition was pretty good this past week. I made a blueberry coffee cake for my hubby on Friday that was way too tasty looking not to try so that set me back a little, but I have been pretty intentional with what I have been eating. This picture below is one of my many meals I had this past week. Some have asked me if I feel like I have enough food using the meal plans that I am. My answer is yes absolutely. If anything I am struggling to actually have the time to eat it all. I may find that once I add in daily exercise I might need more to keep up with my supply. I will adapt if needed, but for now all is well in the nursing department. She's an awesome breastfeeder and terrible at taking the bottle. This was so not the case with my son when he was little. She HATES the bottle and almost refuses to take it. I think I am going to have to try a few different types of bottles in the coming weeks. Otherwise mom is going to struggle getting to go anywhere alone in the coming months.

post partum meal plan, postpartum nutrition, postpartum weightless, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach, meal plans for nursing moms, shakeology while breastfeeding

One of the many clean eating benefits I have been enjoying is easing back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. The tops all fit again. It's the bottoms that I am struggling with. I was a size zero ALL my life and even went back to that size after having my son. I stopped to try on clothes and see what size I am right now the other day. 4's were fitting nicely and I am planning to go back and do a little shopping because I can't keep wearing the same pair of shorts each day.

post partum meal plan, postpartum nutrition, postpartum weightless, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach, meal plans for nursing moms, shakeology while breastfeeding
New respect for high waisted "mom" pants. They make my postpartum belly not look so postpartum. 
As for my little one, she is an awesome baby. Only cries when she is hungry or needs a diaper change. She is growing like crazy. Her newborn outfits are getting snug. She is starting to wear 3 month stuff. She adores being worn in my Solly wrap and I love the snuggles while having my hands free to multitask. 

post partum meal plan, postpartum nutrition, postpartum weightless, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach, meal plans for nursing moms, shakeology while breastfeeding

This Thursday is my six week postpartum appointment. Anxious to go and be cleared foe exercise again. This clean eating has been fun but I am ready to take it up a notch in the coming weeks. Anxious for my transformation. 

Below you will find this weeks meal plan. As usual, it is gluten free (I have Hashimoto's disease and feel a million times better without gluten in my diet.) It is also pretty low carb. I use the portion control system and am still drinking Shakeology each day. Feel free to contact me if you have questions about my meal plans. 

post partum meal plan, postpartum nutrition, postpartum weightless, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach, meal plans for nursing moms, shakeology while breastfeeding
Are you on your own postpartum journey and find yourself struggling? I would love to help. Each month I run accountably and support groups for women and would love to include you. Please fill out the application below and I will be in touch. 
Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

No comments :

Post a Comment