Monday, May 18, 2015

Summer Corn Salad

Fresh & Healthy and Delicious - Summer Side Dish 

summer picnic foods, picnic foods, summer snacking, cold salads, clean eating, eat fresh, creative side dishes

If you are looking for a new side dish for your upcoming picnic season you may want to give this fun recipe a try. I actually got it out of the Wegman's summer magazine they send home to all of their customers. I was nervous about trying it because cold salads like this are not really my thing but we were having ribs for dinner and my hubby thought it would go well. It was actually a huge hit and much to my surprise it was very popular with my little one. I thought for sure he would be out on this one but he ate it right up! Worth a try if you are sick of your tradition sides! 

Ingredients 
1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar 
1/4 cup sugar 
1 bag of thawed sweet corn 
1/2 cup of olive oil 
1 red sweet pepper diced 
1 cup diced sweet onion
2 jalapeno peppers seeded and diced. 
1 cup diced celery 
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed) 
Sea salt to taste

Directions 
In a microwaveable bowl combine vinegar and sugar. Heat for one minute, until sugar is dissolved. 
Add remaining ingredients, stir and move to the refrigerator to cool for 1 - 2 hours. 

No comments :

Post a Comment