Thursday, January 28, 2016

Build A Business After Bedtime

Teaching Busy Women How To Build A Business 

beachbody coaching, beachbody coaching full time, teacher beachbody coaches, girlboss, fitness business, top beachbody coach, sarah griffith, work from home, work from home opportunities,
Today I want to paint a little picture for you. It is a picture of how I got started being a Beachbody coach. I joined as a challenger, like most coaches do. I was a busy mom who wanted to get rid of a little bit of baby weight. Nothing drastic. More than anything I wanted to learn how to take care of me again. To make mom a priority and matter a little more than she had been at that time. I was busy balancing a full time teaching job, I was taking graduate classes for my master degree to be a principal, I had a two year old, a household to take care of and a husband who traveled for work very often. Momma was putting everyone first but herself. I knew it was finally "time." I hit my rock bottom moment the night of my son's second birthday party and I ordered my challenge pack the next morning. I wanted to change more than I wanted to stay the same so I went "all in." I started with the 21 day fix. I got awesome results and begin quickly telling everyone about it. Not because I was a coach at that point, simply because it really did work and really did make me feel better. I guess you could say I wanted to share the love. My coach noticed my sharing and planted the seed about becoming a coach myself. In my head I was laughing at her thinking yeah right, do you know how crazy my life is. I could never have time for something like this. But something inside of me whispered girl don't pass this up. You could be good at this.

So I slept on it for a few nights, did my homework on this "company" and this "business" and started to think it might be something I could do. You see I told you in the paragraph above that I was a teacher but I didn't tell you what kind.... I was a business teacher working towards a masters in leadership. That combo together seemed like a dynamite coaching formula. I loved business and I loved leading and helping others so I finally said WHY NOT. From day one though I decided if I was going to do it, I wanted to do it well. My only issue was, it was not my full time job and I only had "a few hours" a week that I could commit to growing the opportunity. What that meant was that I was going to have to learn to get good at multi-tasking and making lots of things happen in short periods of time. The good news is I was already a busy working mom. I had that mulit-tasking thing down. I just had a lot to learn about the business. I treated year one like an internship and observed as much as I possibly could.

I quickly began to learn the ropes and started to look forward to my evening hours of my second job. It felt weird to say "my second job" because in reality I didn't need a second job. I had a great one and so did my husband. We were living comfortably in a beautiful town and a brand new house we had just built. We were not struggling to pay bills or put groceries on the table but we were not ROLLING IN IT either. I was a teacher, making teachers pay. I was comfortable but didn't have much room for fun spending. To be honest, it wasn't the money I was chasing. Honestly it was just the new adventure that I seemed to be falling in love with. I suddenly had all of this passion that I never knew I was missing. The excitement of starting and growing something that was "mine" and that something happened to be rewarding me financially very well suddenly lit me up like a fire. 

It did not come without a hell of a lot of hard work.  I have worked to learn to get healthier and more fit and I have worked to learn not just how to run a business, but to lead a team and teach them how to duplicate my success. This business of mine was built around nap times, bedtimes and early dates with my alarm clock before I headed off to my teaching job. It took sacrifice and a love for what I was doing. But I am standing on the other side of success telling you it tastes pretty sweet and was worth all the sleepless nights I put in to get where I am today. 

Some question why I would want to be a coach but the reality is, I am a teacher. I always have been and I always will be no matter where my career takes me. My classroom looks different now, but I am still teaching. I love showing others how to do something. It is an amazing feeling teaching my challengers how to live a different life and make themselves a priority and I love teaching my team of coaches how to build their own little empire. That is what makes my heart full. I believe that life is too short to spend it not doing something you love, so if you have not found what it is that makes you shine then you should keep looking. It's out there and it's worth chasing.

If you are reading this and have been considering becoming one of my challengers or a coach on my team please reach out to me. I am about to begin two new training groups in February and would love to have you in my "class." One  of the groups would be to teach you how to run a business and one to teach you how to get healthy and fit. Pick your pair of shoes you want to wear, I can teach you how to run with this in either pair. 

beachbody coaching, beachbody coaching full time, teacher beachbody coaches, girlboss, fitness business, top beachbody coach, sarah griffith, work from home, work from home opportunities,


Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.

No comments :

Post a Comment