Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Master's Hammer & Chisel Week 1 Review

Week One - We Survived! 

the masters hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel meal plan, the masters hammer and chisel couples transformation, hammer and chisel transformations,

Before we started the program, we spent a lot of time on Sunday "getting ready" for the challenge. We made sure we had all of the right equipment and that it our space was clear and set up for where we would be working out. We planned out our meals and prepped them. Our grocery bill was surprisingly much cheaper than usual simply because we bought very few processed foods. 
the masters hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel meal plan, the masters hammer and chisel couples transformation, hammer and chisel transformations,

Before going to bed Sunday night things got real and we did our before pictures and measurements. Talk about humbling when you hand your husband a measuring tape and hand him the camera to capture what needs improved. As much as we didn't want to do it, I know we will be glad to have the before pictures seven weeks from now when we finish up the program. 

the masters hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel meal plan, the masters hammer and chisel couples transformation, hammer and chisel transformations,
Happy to have saved some money this week on our grocery bill. 
So you probably are wondering, what were the workouts like right? I will tell you they were challenging and fun. We both really liked how each day we alternated between the different trainers and that each days workout varied in time. Friday was exciting because it was only 25 minutes. Sunday was more challenging with a 45 minute workout plus 10 minutes of abs. Even though I am in pretty good shape, I will say that some days this week were really a challenge for me. I was only a little bit sore earlier in the week from the muscle confusion I was putting myself thru. I had an acupuncture appointment mid week and had her adjust me too. My hips were out for some reason so I tried even harder to focus on my form the rest of the week. 

the masters hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel meal plan, the masters hammer and chisel couples transformation, hammer and chisel transformations,
Getting sweaty! 
the masters hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel meal plan, the masters hammer and chisel couples transformation, hammer and chisel transformations,

All along I thought I would be the one who had to push him while we do the program, but honestly he was my cheerleader and challenged me to push a little harder each day we worked out together. 


the masters hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel meal plan, the masters hammer and chisel couples transformation, hammer and chisel transformations,
This was our morning cocktail... Okay not really it's a little early for that but we did reach for some energize this morning for an extra boost before our workout. Any guess what cup is mine? We have been using the performance line while we do this program to help push us a little harder.  
Loving the performance line for this program, it's a must if your working out hard core!!
 hammer and chisel meal plan, the masters hammer and chisel couples transformation, hammer and chisel transformations,
All in all we did a pretty great job of sticking to our meal plan. I will say we fell off the wagon over the weekend because we were out of town and had little control of what we were eating. We packed snacks and food for the road but by the end of the trip we did have to do some dining out. While our choices were not horrible, they were not as great as they should be while we are doing the program. We tried two new dinners last week and loved them both. I included the recipe below for the almond crusted chicken we made early in the week. It was so simple and really filling!
the masters hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel meal plan, the masters hammer and chisel couples transformation, hammer and chisel transformations,
One of our many yummy dinners last week. You can find the recipe by clicking here 

Below you will find what we are having this week to eat. I have a few holiday parties planned so it made meal planning more difficult. Instead of planning WHAT I will eat, I simply allotted foods from certain containers and I will pick and chose as I am there. As much as I would like to say it will be spot on, I know it won't be. As long as I am trying to stay on track though, that is all that matters to me. 
the masters hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel meal plan, the masters hammer and chisel couples transformation, hammer and chisel transformations, what is the masters hammer and chisel, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach,

If you are interested in joining me in any of my upcoming challenges, please fill out the application below and I will be in touch within 24 hours. 

Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.


No comments :

Post a Comment