Friday, February 13, 2015

Creamy Mashed Cauliflower

A Healthier Alternative to Mashed Potatoes 


Welll I was trying to trick my little one into thinking the the mashed cauliflower was mashed potatoes. I was careful not to let him see the head of cauliflower and even when I was mashing them I said we were having mashed potaotes. Well didn't that little bugger know right away. He took one bite and said "I don't like these potatoes mommy." DARN IT!!! Didn't quite fool him but I myself really did enjoy them. That night when I made them I also made a turkey meatloaf and some plain couscous. He LOVES couscous and I was able to trick him into thinking the turkey meatloaf was the same as a reguar one so I guess thats a mini win for mom. 


I thought it even looked the part, but didn't get it past him! 


This recipe was really simple to make. Here is what you will want to do. 

Ingredients
Stock pot full of salted water
1 head of cauliflower 
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
Himilyan sea salt and black pepper to taste
*optional - 1/4 cup of milk 

Directions 
Clean and cut cauliflower head into small sections
Bring salted water to a boil on the stovetop
Add in caulifower - boil until tender 
Using an food processer or mixer add in milk butter and salt and pepper. 
Whip until it has the same consistency as mashed potatoes would 
Enjoy! 

Makes about 4 1 cup servings 

No comments :

Post a Comment