Monday, August 11, 2014

Fresh Garden Bruschetta

Fresh Garden Bruschetta


Ahh summer! Nothing beats the freshness of making foods out of the things you grew in your garden. After returning home from the beach I checked out my garden and was excited to find some ripe perfect tomatoes and lots of leafy green basil. My husband and I LOVE fresh bruschetta. We tend to buy it each weak from Wegmans or local grocery store in the deli anti-pasta section. This week I decided I was making my own version and let me just say WOW! I love it!! There is something about FRESH like really FRESH bruschetta! Amazing!! I would recommend that to anyone that shares our love for it!

Needed ingredients
8 ripe roma tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
½ cup of fresh basil
1 small yellow onion
Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Sea Salt
Ground pepper

Directions
Dice tomatoes into small bite size pieces as well as onion
Mince garlic or use a garlic press
Finely chop up basil
Combine tomatoes, onions and garlic as well as the basil in a large bowl
Mix together
Add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil as well as 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
Sprinkle in 1 teaspoon of sea set and pepper to taste.
Combine and let it sit for an hour or so in the refrigerator to bring out the flavor.

Tastes great with bagel chips, pita chips -cold or baked in the oven.

Makes about 6 servings
"A look inside the bowl before putting it into the fridge" 


No comments :

Post a Comment