Thursday, March 24, 2016

Creamy Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup

Way Better Than Campbell's Soup

tomato basil soup, gluten free soup, tomato soup, organic soup, easy soup recipes, creamy tomato basil soup, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach,


I am such a soup girl! I love making it and EATING it. My little guy has taken up the same love for soup that I have. Tomato is one that I like but truly it's my little guy who LOVES it. I prefer making the homemade version for him rather than dumping out soup from a can. I was so disappointed when I learned that the Campbell's tomato soup I great up eating was made with high fructose corn syrup. This is an ingredient I have banned from our household a long time ago. Needless to say it was a wake up call that I needed to be making my own for him instead of relying on something from a can. While this takes a little bit more time to make it tastes 1,000 times better. I hope you will give this one a try!

Ingredients
20 organic roma tomatoes
1 dry pint of organic cherry tomatoes
1 bag of organic baby carrots
1 cup of organic heavy cream
1 clove of garlic finely minced
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
4 cups of organic chicken broth
Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
15 - 20 fresh basil leaves trimmed into tiny "ribbons"
3 tablespoons of organic butter
4 tablespoons of whole wheat flour. (Omit if GF or use GF flour)

Directions
Using a food processor, crush the tomatoes up until almost liquid
Add them into a large stock pot
Chop the carrots using the food processor as well
Add these into the stock pot
Pour in the four cups of organic chicken broth
Season with salt and pepper. This will be a matter of your own preference how little or much you use
Mince garlic and add into the mixture
Stir and cover until boiling. Allow it to boil for 25 - 30 minutes
Once it has boiled and the carrots have softened add in the wheat flour
Add in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese
Using an emerson blender put it down into the mixture and slowly blend. This process will combine the soup nicely and make it have more of a creamy texture rather than a chunky texture.
Add in the basil and combine with the emerson blender again.
Taste the mixture. If it's too bland add in more of the salt and pepper. I also used a tablespoon of Italian seasoning.

Enjoy!

Makes six cups of soup.

No comments :

Post a Comment