Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Forget Starbucks... Make this instead

fall baking, paleo, paleo muffins, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin chocolate chip, gluten free muffins, sarah griffith,
I'm a huge fan of Starbucks fall desserts. Bad habit I know and one that I have stopped but I still crave all the pumpkin treats I know they have there right now. Instead of going there for them I decided I would make my own. A friend of mine had shared this recipe with me a few weeks ago and I had been wanting to try it.

It's gluten free and paleo which is awesome because I have Hashimotos diease and have chosen to eliminate gluten because of it. (I feel like a million bucks without it by the way).

My little one helped me make it. He thought it was hysterical when I allowed him to rub the coconut oil on his skin while we were cooking. I told him that sometimes people put it on their skin for lotion. he didn't believe me and thought it was hysterical. Fun little life lesson while baking with him.

These will turn out great. I hope you love them. They will be moist. I doubled the recipe that is listed below and it made about a dozen. If you just follow this recipe it will only make about 5 muffins.

Ingredients



  • ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
  • ⅓ cup maple syrup
  • ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
  • 3 eggs, whisked
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup coconut flour
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
  • ⅛ teaspoon powdered ginger
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • ½ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips 

Directions 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  1. Mix together wet ingredients in a bowl: pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
  1. In another bowl, whisk together coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
  1. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well.
  1. Fold in chocolate chips.
  1. Scoop batter into lined muffin tins
  1. Bake for 35-40 minutes
Enjoy!!! Recipe originally found from the Paleo OMG blog. 

No comments :

Post a Comment