Sunday, December 18, 2016

Apple & Onion Pork Roast

Easy Crock Pot Dinner

apple and onion pork, pork roast recipes, pork recipes, whole 30 recipes, whole 30 meal plan, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach,
This is a recipe that I have heard of before but was never willing to try to make. The idea of apples mixed together with onions just didn't sound like it would taste all that great together so I avoided it. A few weeks ago when visiting home my dads girlfriend had brought over this dish for us. I was anxious to try it and ended up LOVING it. That made me want to add it to this weeks meal plan so that my husband could enjoy it too. 

I prepped it in the crockpot and loved how easy it was to make. If your wanting a cozy home cooked meal with little work I suggest that you try this. Here is what you will need.

Ingredients
Pork Roast - Size will depend on your family. Ours was about 3 lbs. 
3 apples (any kind) sliced and peeled
1 cup of apple juice 
1 large onion sliced 
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions 
Place the pork roast into the crock pot - turn it onto high plan to have it cook for about 6 hours. 
Pour apple juice over the roast season with salt & pepper 
Slice slits across the top of the roast
Tuck apple slices into the slits then cover the top of the roast with remaining apples and onions. 
Cover and cook on high. 

Paired nicely with mashed potatoes and french green beans. 

No comments :

Post a Comment