Thursday, November 3, 2016

Joy in the journey

Finding Faith In The Little Things


If you read my previous post I had made when I announced my pregnancy, you would remember reading my "rainbow" story. If not I will quickly share with you what I mean.
Since finding out we were expecting our "rainbow baby" I have been seeing a rainbow every single day, sometimes several times a day. Incase you're new to the term "rainbow baby" it's a baby that you have after experiencing a miscarriage. They call it a rainbow because after every storm comes a rainbow of hope.

Today I wanted to share with you an update. Some have asked are you still seeing the rainbows three months into this pregnancy? My answer is YES. Actually even more often now than I was in the beginning. Sometimes they are real rainbows up in the sky and sometimes they are silly things like a Halloween costume skirt or a piece of art in my sons school. It often comes when I am least expecting it each day.

I cannot tell you how much joy these little appearances bring me. It's my gentle reminder from the universe that all is well with my little one and to have faith that this is going to turn out okay.
At first I thought all of this was just a crazy coincidence but now three months in, I am starting to believe that these rainbows are being sent to me intentionally.

My husband thought I was crazy at first but now he believes I am seeing them for a reason too.
This is my first encounter with "signs" from God or the universe or whatever you want to call it but I am hooked. I love it and truly see each rainbow as a gift. It makes me curious how many other people see "signs" in their own lives as reminders to stay in faith.

I would like to think that my grandma has something to do with all of this. She passed away this August and I would have become pregnant shortly after her passing. She had 9 children and was what I would like to call the queen of fertility. I swear shes been assigned to watch over me and this pregnancy. Here's the cool part. Growing up my grandma had these beautiful crystals that hung in her dining room window. Every time the sun would shine you would see beautiful rays of rainbow light. It was a fun memory from my childhood. These rainbows make me think of her each day and it makes me feel closer to her.

While I don't photograph all of them I did want to share a few with you all to show you how cool it really is.


rainbow baby, miscarrige, rainbows, faith, rainbow baby pregnancy, rainbow baby pregnancy announcement,
This announcement has been YEARS in the making. It's absolutely an answer to all of our prayers. 

rainbow baby, miscarrige, rainbows, faith, rainbow baby pregnancy, rainbow baby pregnancy announcement,
This was my first encounter with the rainbows. Each of these long streaks is a rainbow. It's hard to see it from far away. They were in the foyer of my home. My son was the first to find it. He called me and was yelling to COME SEE ALL OF THESE RAINBOWS. It was a week after I found out I was expecting. Nobody knew yet except my huband and all I had been thinking about was how happy we were about our rainbow baby. It brought me to tears. I could have sat and looked at it for hours. Since that night I have continued to see these rainbows each day. It was a much needed sign for me.
rainbow baby, miscarrige, rainbows, faith, rainbow baby pregnancy, rainbow baby pregnancy announcement,
A close up of what the streaks looked like in our foyer. Bright, brilliant and beautiful just like this miracle we are experiencing.

rainbow baby, miscarrige, rainbows, faith, rainbow baby pregnancy, rainbow baby pregnancy announcement,
This one showed up in my kitchen on a day I was feeling uncertian and worried about the baby. I am sure it was shining this bright because someone knew I needed a strong reminder that day. I was in awe of the beauty of this one. 
rainbow baby, miscarrige, rainbows, faith, rainbow baby pregnancy, rainbow baby pregnancy announcement,
This one appeared over our house the morning after announcing our pregnancy.
rainbow baby, miscarrige, rainbows, faith, rainbow baby pregnancy, rainbow baby pregnancy announcement,
This showed up on my computer screen one day when I sat down to work for the day. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I kept looking around for the light in the room from where it might be coming from. I still never figured it out instead I took it as a sign that all is well today.


There are many more that I could share with you. It gives me hope and faith and helps to ease my mind each day. I can only hope that they will continue until my little one arrives in May. I hope you enjoyed reading this and sharing in the JOY along with me. 




No comments :

Post a Comment